Student Leadership Employment Positions
Step 1: Have a resume, cover letter and references that meet the following requirements (you will upload these documents after Step 2):
Resume - no specific requirements
- Address why are you are interested in a student leadership employment opportunity on campus.
- For each position you are interested in applyng in, include one paragraph addressing your why you are interested and believe you are a good fit.
- Please discuss any previous and current employment, campus/community/classroom/high school involvement, and/or volunteer experience. What skills or experiences have you gained from these experiences? How do these skills/experiences make you a strong candidate?
- What do you think you could contribute to the campus community through these opportunities? How would you convey what it means to be a Dragon to potential students, families, and new/current students?
Submit contact information for three references. One must be from a full-time professional staff member or a faculty member from MSUM.
****RA candidates- one reference must be from your current RA. If you currently live off campus, please provide a reference from your former RA.
- Name of reference
- Phone number of reference
- Email of reference
- Relationship of reference to you (supervisor, faculty member, etc.)
Step 2: Click on the green 'apply externally' button to your right
Step 3: Follow the instructions to complete your application by uploading your resume, cover letter and references. Then click on the green button 'Step 2: External Application'. This will bring you to the Student Leadership Common Application. Make sure to answer all of the questions and then click on the arrow key in the lower right hand corner of the screen to move through the application. Once your application has been received, you will see the following message at the top: “Thank you for completing the student leadership application process. Your application has now been submitted and will be reviewed. You will be receiving communication from departments on how to sign up for interview times.
Applications are now being accepted for the following MSUM Student Leadership Positions (see attachment for position descriptions):
- Dragon Ambassador
- Dragon Mentor
- International Student Diplomat
- Resident Assistant (RA)
- Student Organization and Leadership Assistant
- SMART Start Mentor
- Student Orientation Counselor (SOC)
- Wellness Educator
- Dragon Entertainment Group Event Coordinator
- Dragon Entertainment Group Photographer
- Dragon Entertainment Group Graphic Designer
- Dragon Entertainment Group Marketing & Social Media Coordinator
- Student Union Building Manager/Assistant
Applications are due February 28th at 10 pm. You will receive communication from departments on how to sign up for interview times.
If you have questions or want to withdraw your application, please contact the Career Development Center at 218.477.2131, firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by Flora Frick 151.